Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, programmable SoCs and the ACAP, designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable adaptable, intelligent computing.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that build an adaptable intelligent world. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
The Xilinx Aerospace and Defense (A&D) vertical marketing team, which is responsible for Xilinx A&D revenue, profitability and the development of Xilinx’s A&D leadership strategy and market penetration, is seeking a Space System Architect. This vertical marketing team is also responsible for product and solutions (including IP, software and development boards) planning for the A&D market, ecosystem partner development and management, and market strategies. This organization is also responsible for managing long-term strategic space customer relationships and continued profitable growth within the space business.
The Space System Architect will report to the A&D Vertical Market’s Senior Director. The role focuses on the strategic application of Xilinx product technology in the Space market for commercial, civil, and government missions and satellite programs. Responsibilities include understanding market trends and needs, defining targeted solutions, developing specific customer and project architectural proposals, and engaging with key Xilinx space ecosystem partners. The role includes working closely with sales, A&D marketing and headquarters personnel to identify and develop compelling value propositions for our customers that support the continued long-term growth of the Xilinx Space business.
- Provide space technical expertise in terms of command and data handling, bus, and payload design, architecture, and applications, to sales teams calling on space customers
- Work closely with Xilinx engineering and operations to define and specify future Xilinx Space products.
- Identify and characterize, through technical analysis, specific Xilinx value propositions that can positively differentiate Xilinx products from other (e.g. ASSP, FPGA, ASIC) products in the target space segments. Work collaboratively with sales and marketing to communicate and exploit identified value propositions.
- Prioritize and guide strategic A&D Space segment partners through the definition and development of targeted products and solutions (Space devices, IP, Software, Reference Designs, and Targeted Design Platforms) aligned with customer and market challenges that will enhance the overall value proposition of Xilinx products and increase Xilinx product penetration over ASSP, FPGA, ASIC, DSP, and SOC alternatives.
- Monitor and manage progress at partners where space solutions funding is invested to subsidize development toward space customer’s needs and goals.
- Develop and maintain key technical relationships with strategic space customers to complement existing or developing sales and marketing relationships. Leverage these relationships to identify customer challenges, needs and be able to influence customer architectures and roadmaps in favor of Xilinx.
- Develop and communicate space market requirements relevant to future Xilinx products, specifically for radiation tolerant devices using advanced technology silicon nodes and packaging.
- Provide insight on the space market and customer trends, needs, challenges, and segmentation.
- Provide Space strategic input into the A&D business plan.
- BSEE or equivalent degree
- 7+ years experience working at a company working directly in Space programs.
- Technical expertise in the application of VLSI semiconductors with a working knowledge of embedded processing systems. Familiarity with application of FPGA technology desired.
- Knowledge of Space electronics market, trends, and applications. Direct experience with command and data handling, bus, and payload applications and overall space system architectures required. Experience with Single Event Upset (SEU) mechanisms and mitigation design techniques required.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in highly cross-functional and geographically dispersed organization.
- Must be a strong team player and very self-motivated individual
- Must be able to qualify for a secret clearance
- Job location is Xilinx’s headquarters in San Jose, CA,
- Travel required (~25% Local (NA), ~5-10% International)