Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, programmable SoCs and the ACAP, designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable adaptable, intelligent computing.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that build an adaptable intelligent world. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
Xilinx is looking for energetic, motivated and smart software engineers to join a growing and innovative team at our San Jose headquarters. You will be working with a team of bright engineers developing multimedia software solutions for heterogeneous Multi-processor systems designed for Xilinx next-generation SoCs.
- Contributing to the architecture and design of the overall embedded software stack for multimedia solutions.
- Optimizing the solutions developed for performance and designing them for scalability.
- Developing Bare Metal and/or Linux drivers for multimedia components using Xilinx SOCs.
- Developing Heterogeneous memory Management solutions for Asynchronous Multi-processing platforms.
- Work with different teams to identify problems and create solutions
- Delivering software solutions in line with product roadmap on time with high quality.
- Involved in cross function team interaction and engagement with various key player and stakeholders in the organization.
- Play a role in all the phases of software development, from requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and final release to customers.
- Provide clear and timely communication related to status and other key aspects of the project to leadership team.
- Responsible for working with customers and internal support teams for resolving critical customer escalations on need basis.
- Work with management team on project planning activities – creating project plans/schedule, risk analysis and mitigation, etc. for the projects you are working on.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle stages - design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements
- Willingness to learn skills, tools and methods to advance the quality, consistency, and timeliness of Xilinx software products.
- MSCS, MSCE, MSEE with 0 plus years of professional experience or BS plus at least 2 years of experience.
- Experience with C/C++, Embedded systems and Linux kernel/driver development for multi-processor heterogeneous systems.
- Understanding/Experience with Linux heterogeneous memory management, multi-processor synchronization and communication.
- Experience with V4L/DRM and other multimedia frameworks.
- Experience developing plugins with Gstreamer and other frameworks.
- You must be capable of working in a dynamic, high pressure environment.