Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, programmable SoCs and the ACAP, designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable adaptable, intelligent computing.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that build an adaptable intelligent world. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
SharedManufacturing Quality and Reliability Engineering and Management
Manufacturing Spec and System Management
- Leads collaborative engagements with suppliers and package development teams to ensure new design rules, manufacturing process and new material does not impact quality and reliability tests
- Provides insights to data and statistical results to reach valid and reliable conclusions; defines and documents reliability evaluation tests and pre-quals to ensure qualification is passed in 1st trial
- Leads investigations on failures occurred during MRB
- Defines, creates and enhances methodology to prevent quality issues and excursions
- Defines, creates and enhances FAI data collection methodology to prevent quality issues and excursions. Displays ownership for assigned programs and facilitates the success of assigned programs
- Works collaboratively on inter-department projects and/or assigned programs, provides direction and leadership to internal teams and suppliers based on data; analyzes facts to build consensus among different stakeholders
- Develop & automate new techniques for data collection and analysis
Manufacturing Value Engineering and Supplier Relationship Management
- Defines, creates and enhances database structures for data extraction and ease of analysis
- Defines and creates assembly specifications, inspection criteria and establishes and ensures new MFC, CPD, FMEA and MSC documentation stays current for all assembly & substrate and suppliers
- Enhances database structures and develops new techniques for data extraction and ease of analysis; enhances and/or creates new templates for reporting
- Ability to lead audits from technical standpoint to ensure Xilinx MFC, FMEA & CPD is executed; works collaboratively with suppliers on improvements to address areas of deficiency
Manufacturing Yield Engineering and Management
- Investigates possible value engineering programs to reduce areas in manufacturing process seen as non-value added
- Maintains and cultivates strong relationships with suppliers to protect Xilinx's interest
- Determines impact of PCN on Xilinx interests, drives PCN efforts to closure
- Initiates alignment with suppliers on Xilinx's goals (yield, quality and reliability)
- Leads alignment with suppliers on Xilinx's goals (yield, quality and reliability)
- Builds a working knowledge on all interconnect technology
- Works collaboratively with suppliers and package development teams to ensure new design rules, manufacturing processes and material has no impact to yields
- Provides insights to data and statistical results to reach valid and reliable conclusions; documents results and publishes presentations to internal teams
- Works collaboratively with suppliers to ensure the right data is collected at the right level of frequency
- Conducts risk assessments and analysis on low yield and/or out of control lots; develops and proposes solutions for corrective actions
- Publishes yield, quality metrics and indices report on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to appropriate audience
- Creates evaluation and follow up plans to achieve closure on yield improvements and out of control lots
- Works collaboratively with suppliers to define continuous improvement plans and methodology to achieve yield targets; maintains an in depth understanding of interconnect & packaging technology
- Facilitates the success of assigned programs through effective collaboration with inter-department teams
- Builds consensus and provides direction to internal teams and suppliers on yield enhancement efforts based on an analysis of data and facts
Candidates must have a degree in Chemical, Material Science or Mechanical Engineering. Preferred Master of Science degree plus 5 years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation or Bachelor of Science degree plus 10 years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation.
Years of Experience
- Expert in substrate materials, substrate manufacturing process and equipment engineering to manufacture wire bond and flip chip BGA package.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical and electrical analysis tools and methodology to characterize substrate materials. Minimum knowledge on CSAM, X-RAY, XPS, FTIR, SEM/EDX, TEM, TGA, DMA, TMA and other new analysis techniques.
- Working knowledge on both wire bond and flip chip packaging and interconnect technologies, package quality and reliability test and requirements.
- Experience in driving value engineering and continuous improvement activities with suppliers
- Decision making skills using data analytical tools and techniques.
- Proven capability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including package development group, quality systems, planning and product engineering to provide a comprehensive assessment of changes from technical, operational and strategic perspective.
- Proven capability to work, interface and communicate with a wide variety of people and across multiple functional groups in an effective manner to achieve Xilinx OPX.