Description Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Xilinx is looking for an innovative and talented Staff Software Engineer to work on exciting opportunities in the Systems Software team at the Xilinx headquarters in San Jose. You will be involved in developing board management software, Linux solutions, develop solutions which work with standards like IPMI, MCTP etc. In this capacity, you will be directly involved in the productization of these embedded software solutions for current and next-generation silicon products, working with a global team of engineers. You will work across all aspects of system software development, upstreaming, test & verification and integration of embedded software running on our SoCs.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in one or more of the following:
- C / C++ programming
- Prior experience on developing board management software
- Have worked with standards like IPMI, MCTP etc
- Previous experience with developing embedded firmware on various processors like PICs,ARM etc
- Experience with using GIT
- Experience with BMC, OpenBMC is a plus
- Experience with BIOS, u-boot, loader, secure boot
- Experience with chassis management software
- Experiences in board bring up
- Experience with H/W diagnostics
- Good understanding of various buses e.g. PCIe, SPI, I2C, SMBUS, PMBUS, MDIO
In addition, the ideal candidate will have good oral and written communication skills, be a team player, be willing to take on new challenges, have an open mind and be willing to contribute to the success of every project.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science (MS Degree preferred)
- 6+ years of experience developing firmware on processors (ie ARM, PIC's etc)