At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible.
Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives.
Data Centers and traditional CPU-centric computing are being disrupted to support a multitude of applications in the era of pervasive intelligence, data explosion and AI. Xilinx adaptable platforms for compute, storage, and network acceleration deliver unprecedented benefits in performance, power-efficiency and operating costs from public clouds to on-premise data centers. Xilinx platforms serve as a catalyst for the rapid design and deployment of all the emerging architectures that will accelerate the modern data center.
If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
Xilinx is looking for a world class Senior Compiler Engineer to help us build the next-generation, parallel programming environment for current and future Xilinx FPGA devices. You will be working in a broad area creating compilers, debuggers and performance analysis tools to support heterogeneous systems consisting of processors and FPGA fabric.
As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for design and implementation of parts of a heterogeneous, multi-core compiler. You will get a chance to tackle cutting-edge, interesting and challenging problems working on compilers for heterogeneous multicore systems.
· BS/MS (PhD preferred) in CS/EE with a minimum of 8 years experience developing compilers and parallel programming environments.
· Extensive experience with various aspects of implementing compilers for programming languages. Good understanding of programming languages and parallel programming models
· Experience in implementing many of the following in production compilers:
o Global optimization, dependence analysis, vectorization, auto-parallelization, inter-procedural analysis and optimization, profile-feedback optimization, language front-end design and implementation, and code generation.
o Building a good compiler framework.
o LLVM experience. Experience with ARM compilers is a plus.
· Solid understanding of machine architectures and micro-architectural performance considerations.
· Experience with VLIW compilers and architectures a plus.
· Experience with compiling for reconfigurable architectures a plus.
· Demonstrated C/C++ programming skills with production system software.
· An understanding of applications in one or more of the following domains is also desirable: wireless, signal processing and video.
· Leads and mentors other engineers.
· Must be a hands-on person who takes initiative and does whatever is necessary to make a project successful.
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to work with cross-functional and geographically distributed teams.
· Team player with ability to work across a diverse team
BS/MS (PhD preferred) in CS/EE
Years of Experience
+ 8 years experience developing compilers and parallel programming environments