Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
This exciting position is in the Xilinx SDx Application group as the Video IP development lead and provides an opportunity to demonstrate strong technical expertise in the next generation Video Codec IPs. Join us in providing innovative Video IP solutions and applications as we embark on our journey in providing world class Video Applications targeted for Acceleration Diagonal, catering several markets such as Data Centre, for Xilinx All Programmable FPGA platforms.
As a Senior Design Engineer 1, you will contribute to high-end Video Codec IPs such as HEVC, VP9, AV1 using High-Level Synthesis methodology. You will also contribute for the architecture, u-Arch details for the IP. You will be involved in all phases of product development from definition to execution and Productization. Senior Design Engineer 2 are expected to participate in all aspects of technical projects including: new product exploration, evaluating emerging technologies, working closely with Product marketing managers, partners and end customers.
This position requires the individual to be creative, team-oriented, with strong technical expertise, able to u-architect and develop complex designs given a high level architecture.
A major part of your responsibility will be to contribute technically in all phases of the product development cycle from architecture through implementation, prototyping, validation and support including:
· Evaluating emerging video codecs and identifying the FPGA opportunities in the domain of Video Transcoding
· Contribute to new architectures, usually within an established strategic direction
· Evaluating and executing design and development plans for IPs
· u-Architecture, design, documentation, prototyping
· Developing IPs using Xilinx own High Level Synthesis tool (Vivado-HLS)
· Working with stakeholders to develop comprehensive testing plans
· Critically Review and provide feedback on the Design Implementations and Verification plans
· Take part in the development process through HLS coding or verification tasks
Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have strong influencing and team-spirit
- Demonstrated industry experience in Video Algorithms design / development
- Detailed understanding and proven track record of developing leading edge video standard such as HEVC, VP9, H264, VP8, AVS1
- Experience in system level validation and debug
- Experience with FPGA design and FPGA EDA flows a plus
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers about existing and new product directions and technology.
- Individual must work effectively with Technical Lead, Director level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through strong technical expertise.
- Contributes, explicitly or by example, to the standards and processes used by Xilinx or product development.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple Video IP design projects