highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation
across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud.
Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP
(Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic
processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and
connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center
(Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications;
Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense;
Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths
simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data,
heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and
creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an
adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas,
striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified
team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best
life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
As Strategic and Technical Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for driving market segment growth, defining/building strategy & successful execution of strategy to fruition, product management, go-to-market, sales and field training/ enablement and demand generation. As part of these responsibilities, you are required to have technical skills and prior experience in market knowledge & competitive, TAM/SAM/SOM analysis, forecasting, and participation in standards and industry forums. Also, in this role, you will be responsible to guide & mobilize internal engineering teams and external partner ecosystem on product plans and execution.
- Be a trusted advisor to the Xilinx Communications Business team and drive long-term product strategy and market leadership by steering internal teams and partner ecosystem relationships on timely and successful product execution & launch
- Identify market requirements, opportunities and risks, develop business plans, get buy-in from management, and successfully execute on the product strategy
- Specify product roadmaps & priorities, define marketing requirement documents, guide/ mobilize/ and work with internal engineering teams and partner ecosystem for timely execution on the product/ solution roadmaps.
- Collaborate with Silicon and Tools marketing teams for alignment and execution on product/ market requirements
- Go-to-market planning and marketing communications for successful launch and product positioning
- Develop marketing collaterals and sales/ field/ customer training material
- Enable sales and field to drive product adoption for successful execution on business, revenue, and profitability goals
- Drive Communications opportunities globally
- Understanding of customers/markets – Opportunity/Platforms/ Needs
- Gather feedback and data from customers, field and partners for product management and strategic planning
- Work with field sales to identify, prioritize, track, qualify, monitor the risk, and support opportunities (design targets)
- Build an effective partner ecosystem to stimulate product adoption and market leadership
- Enable field Sales to maximize customer facing activities
- Work with Sales and Business team to facilitate response to RFQs/RFPs
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent technical degree;MS Degree preferred / MBA desirable
- 8+ years' experience marketing, business development, product management experience in Communication Semiconductor business.
- Strong understanding of Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and software defined Networking (NFV), and application of semiconductors (FPGA/NPU/ASSP) based acceleration of virtualized networks in Telco and Edge cloud.
- Experience with NFV application benchmarking for security and networking applications.
- Strong understanding of Network interface cards (NIC) hardware and software features and associated software drivers such as Linux stack, virtIO and DPDK.
- Understanding of Open Flow, P4 and control plane APIs.
- Understanding of security technologies which include MACSec, IPSec, SSL/TLS and next generation firewalls.
- Understanding of software routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, LDP and RSVP-TE is desirable.
- Understanding of next generation networks such as Segment Routing, SD-WAN, Intent based networking, Telemetry is desirable.
- Knowledge of Wired Routing/Switching and Markets and Value Chain – From Customers to Operators to OEMs to Semiconductor Suppliers
- Enterprise and Service Provider Routing/Switching Technology Drivers and Requirements
- Knowledge of IP/MPLS Routing and switching platforms, bridging, Packet Processing,100-400G Ethernet/ Interlaken and PCIe interfaces.
- Understanding of Wired Technology Standardization (IEEE/ ITU/ ETSI/ NGMN)
- FPGA, Ethernet Switches, NPUs, Security processors/ ARM SoC and PHYs competitive landscape in Wired applications
- Hands on experience with FPGAs and knowledge of FPGA architecture is highly desirable.
- Hands on experience in dealing with Tier 1 wired infrastructure customers
- Strong presentation & interpersonal skills are essential requirement for this role
- Up to 25% Travel Required (Both Domestic and International)