Video is becoming a key workload in Datacenters. Existing architectures are performing sub-optimally for highly complex video workloads like h.264, HEVC and VP9 encoding. FPGAs are programmable, low power and offer significant acceleration capabilities.
Xilinx is looking for an energetic and motivated recent graduate software engineer with video background to join a growing, talented, and innovative team at our San Jose headquarters. The successful candidate will be part of the video R&D team developing video processing solutions, including next generation video encoding technologies. You will contribute to the development of an AV1 video encoder, target encoder algorithms on our FPGA architecture, such as mode decision, motion estimation, rate control, etc.
- Contribute to the design of an AV1 encoder, its functional models and data structures for efficient hardware and software implementation.
- Be an expert in C level coding and debugging and optimizing software modules for performance improvement for Xilinx platforms.
- Participate in developing drivers and/or APIs for the encoder, aligned with the software architectural framework requirements and application frameworks like FFmpeg
- Support the creation of test benches and hardware validation test to verify and validate the compliance of the encoder to design requirements and Xilinx IP design standards
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Course work in digital image/video processing and video encoding technologies.
- Direct experience with a range of computer systems, especially Linux, FFMPEG, scripting, e.g. Python, Perl, TCL.
- You must be capable of working in a dynamic, high pressure environment.
- Proficient in the design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements.
- Experience with code optimization for SIMD based VLIW architectures is a plus.
- Bachelor or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required.
Years of Experience
- Open to recent graduates with right qualifications