Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
As a Financial Solutions Architect you will be a key member of the Data Center vertical marketing team. An ideal candidate for this role will have both a business mind set and a technical background to be able to engage with a wide range of teams at a customers in the financial industry: business managers, architecture, development and strategy team.
Location: Remote - NYC area (preferred), Chicago will also be considered.
- Work with financial application providers, internal development teams, sales, value added resellers, and customers to jointly define differentiated solutions using Xilinx technology for financial application acceleration.
- Participate in financial industry associations and at events to raise awareness of Xilinx solutions for the financial industry.
- Ensure that Xilinx development teams are focused on the integrating with the financial applications with the largest addressable market.
- Project addressable market sized for a range use cases in the financial industry and work to develop opportunities with the largest customers with these use cases.
- Deconstruct customer requirements into functional blocks that clearly indicate where FPGA (with or without IP) is indicated, where not, and where Xilinx IP and partner IP may contribute significantly to the solution
- Drive specific analyses and POC/Demo/benchmarking activities to accelerate design wins and revenue conversion
- Perform technical assessments for customer driven organic or ecosystem IP/solution development projects/services in partnership with system architects and the R&D organization
- Develop collateral for Xilinx solutions in the financial
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, or mathematics. Alternative degrees will be considered for candidates with the right mix of business and technical experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in the financial industry as either a practitioner or with a vendor targeting this market
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing business development, sales, sales engineering, or marketing role.
- Experience with application architectures and the ability to understand performance bottlenecks and tradeoffs as they relate to compute, storage, and network resources
- Understanding or experience with compute acceleration architectures using technologies such as FPGAs and/or GPUs a plus
- Knowledge of Xilinx specific design experience including demonstrable proficiency with Xilinx design methodology and implementation tools is a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with and present to customers