Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
Application Engineer – Software/Hardware Acceleration
Xilinx is looking for a strong candidate to join the Global Sales team as an Applications Engineer focused on Software/Hardware Acceleration. This is a Technical Sales customer-facing position. The engineer will support customers in both pre-sales and post-sales engagements in applying Xilinx’s All Programmable Technologies to accelerate their applications, achieving superior power and performance characteristics over alternative approaches.
- Contribute to development of reference designs or proof-of-concept demos in order to articulate Xilinx advantages and present Xilinx solutions to customers
- Work closely with Xilinx Sales and FAEs to drive Design Wins
- Build and customize hardware/software platforms for customer Acceleration applications
- Train and support customers in applying Xilinx Acceleration platforms, tools and methodologies to their products
- Help train the Xilinx Field organization to broadly scale knowledge and skills in Acceleration tools and methodologies
- Provide customer technical requirements and feedback to the Xilinx factory on Acceleration-related products
- Occasional travel to customer sites required
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
Years of Experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in development or applications engineering
- Strong programming experience with C/C++/OpenCL
- Ability to analyze, partition and develop complex systems in software
- Understanding of hardware and system architecture; experience in hardware design flows
- Experience with software development tools and methodologies in developing system level solutions on CPU, GPGPU, DSP or FPGA platforms is a plus
- Experience in Machine Learning, including use of frameworks such as Caffe or TensorFlow is a plus
- Experience with FPGA design flows is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups.