Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
The Pricing Strategy, Global Leader will create, steer, administer, execute and measure Xilinx’s short & long-term product and vertical market pricing strategies and related processes for both new and existing products.
She/he will leverage a deep understanding of all the factors that influence prices, monetization strategy, price setting and discount decisions as well as customer value perceptions. The successful candidate will be expected to merge industry best practices and innovative new pricing methods with Xilinx’s existing processes.
The Price Strategy, Global Leader’s insight, high degree of business acumen and honed communication skills come together in this high visibility role with significant potential impact on Xilinx business results.
- Develop, implement and measure overall pricing and monetization strategies for new/existing products and vertical markets across a diverse customer and end-application space as well as a diverse sales organization.
- Translate pricing strategies into system and process compatible deliverables to support implementation and execution. Understand what works, what doesn’t and why.
- Provide and refine governance on regular price process updates.
- Devise automated and scalable means of measuring pricing performance.
- Drives product definition activities across stakeholders (e.g., customers, sales, system architects, field application engineers, market research).
- Critically reviews product usage and challenges across customer base or segment in pursuit of value propositions that can be abstracted, elevated, and generalized.
- Collaborates with the geographies to compile requirement inputs for future products and solutions (e.g., I/O, power, performance, cost, IP, s/w).
- Develops key components of larger market requirements documents (MRD) and go-to-market plans in support of new or expanded opportunities (e.g., milestones, deliverables, partner IP).
- Think, plan, adjust and understand how the pricing strategies fit into the overall corporate direction. Contribute to future product definition and direction.
- Contributes to the development of go-to-market plans in support of new or expanded opportunities (e.g., target applications, forecasts, milestones, deliverables, partner IP).
- Supports the development and alignment of strategic market tables (i.e., mapping devices across market segments and opportunities).
- Ensures that market planning and maps are communicated in a way that provides clear and timely input to product business and go-to-market planning.
- Collaborates in defining and getting buy-in for the product family pricing strategy.
- Work with Analytics experts to identify and implement improvements in data infrastructure and reporting that will support more sophisticated pricing decisions.
- Visualize, interpret and present the results of the measurements/analyses to relevant stakeholders; include both tactical and strategic recommendations.
- Develop tests, surveys and the like in order to evaluate and verify pricing changes and risk.
- Design and implement programs for price discovery, testing and experimentation.
- Models the potential impact of pricing strategy revisions by conducting what-if analysis on pricing scenarios
- Develop / Utilize detailed pricing models, elasticity analyses, and measure the effectiveness of pricing strategies and promotions.
- Monitor key metrics and market intelligence to derive insights and identify opportunities for evolving pricing.
- Utilize competitive pricing to identify pricing gaps and opportunities; perform comparisons to industry/company benchmarks.
- Codify a set of best practices and processes that can be used to drive ongoing pricing improvement. Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation and documentation. Bring new ideas to the team.
- Ensures rigorous market, customer, and competitive analysis with specific focus on pricing
- Understand market and technology trends that may impact pricing strategy.
- Coordinate market research on pricing.
- Propose innovative solutions to meet the competitive pricing intelligence decision support needs of the across the business.
- Stay up-to-date on all industry trends and competitors pricing strategies.
- Develop sales enablement content regarding pricing.
- Engage with our BizOps and Strategy team to understand the interrelationship between pricing and overall corporate strategy, product attributes, demand, margin requirements, price elasticity and pricing risk.
- Drive deeper understanding issues and propose solutions.
- Identify and tackle new issues. Create new ways of tackling existing issues.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to understand needs, requirements, obstacles, limitations and priorities as new initiatives are kicked-off.
- Present solid business cases and risk mitigation plans to support your recommendations.
- Roll-up sleeves and help handle and navigate around issues as they arise.
- Understand the internal and external competitive environment and the importance of pricing in developing long-term customer trust.
- Represent Xilinx at customers well as in strategic industry associations.
- Act as analytical thought partner for Business Leaders, Pricing Leaders and other stakeholder groups on pricing-related issues. This includes analyzing market and customer factors to ensure pricing strategy is ready to compete, segment identification and profiling to determine likely market response to the planned pricing action, evaluation of customer segments and other trends affecting market and customers’ perceived value.
- Connected with Biz Ops, Markets and Sales stakeholders on frequently to understand their requirements, their pains and to build relationships.
- Builds credibility with sales in delivering roadmaps as promised, and accurate, up-to-date collateral (e.g., competitive information, success stories, feature data sheet/product information, solution description)
- Where warranted, actively participates in sales and partner training, to ensure accurate messaging and maximum impact.
- Collaborates with MARCOM to ensure effective messaging programs and collateral
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Discipline (MBA preferred) or a closely related discipline with strong academic credentials.
- 10+ years of business management, marketing and/or leadership experience in high tech industry.
- 8+ years in tier 1 pricing consultancy.
- This position will require working effectively with and build influence and trust across many organizations within Xilinx. Strong communication and teamwork skills required for success.
- Ability to understand the organization's strategy and apply it to pricing strategies and execution.
- You have experience building and maintaining pricing strategies and models with successful implementation.
- You have excellent analytical, project management (must be highly detail oriented), and organizational skills with the ability to make sound business judgments.
- You must be able to own projects independently from end-to-end, communicating updates and outcomes effectively to senior management.
- Comfortable working on fluid, dynamic and ambiguous projects, where tasks become clearer as the project progresses.
- Advanced skills working with XLS-based based analyses and ability to summarize very complex data into impactful executive summaries (PPT) is a must.
- Creative thinker: Offer ideas and solutions on emerging challenges and opportunities. Develop compelling, insightful recommendations.
- Strategic thinker: Able to link smaller details to the broader strategic picture—such as, business goals, brand, customer attributes, and risks.
- Critical thinker: Able to review results and determine whether they meet both the letter and spirit of the objective and to be able to identify what must be changed to improve the outcomes.
- Communicator: Articulate complex concepts in a clear, concise audience-appropriate manner. Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within senior-level audiences.
- Team player: Work effectively with teams across different regions and functions. Build trust with and support from all levels of the organization.