Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
Job Summary :
This exciting position in the Xilinx IP Engineering group as the Data Center / Storage Solutions IP architect will provide the individual with an opportunity to demonstrate strong technical leadership across the design hierarchy from architecture to Productization. Join us in providing innovative IP solutions as we embark on our journey into the rapidly growing data center and storage segment with the ultimate goal of delivering the leading edge IP Solutions for Xilinx All Programmable FPGA platforms
As a Senior Staff Storage Architect, you will be responsible for our storage product and platform architecture, customer interfacing and product delivery. You are expected to work very closely with Product marketing managers and end customers
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, able to lead large cross-functional teams, comfortable and willing to directly work with customers on new product definition and driven to produce results.
A major part of your responsibility will be to participate in and take a lead technical role in all phases of the product development cycle from new product exploration, architecture through implementation, prototyping, validation and support including:
• Evaluating emerging technologies and identifying the FPGA opportunities in the production of storage systems
• Working closely with Marketing and Customers, translating customer needs to technical solutions
• Define new products and contribute to new architectures, usually within an established strategic direction
• Evaluating and executing design and development plans for IPs
• Architecture, design, documentation, prototyping
• Working on the specification, development, validation, and support for products through the product life
• Participating in and acting as a senior technical reviewer for various architecture and implementation reviews within the development organization
• Working with stakeholders to develop comprehensive testing plans including Compliance and Interop testing
• Defining work required to design, implement and test new products. Identifies problems well in advance and proposes solutions
• Critically Review and provide feedback on the Design Implementations and Verification plans
• Acting as technical advisor to engineering management
Job Requirements :
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Detailed understanding and proven track record of developing leading edge storage IP solutions in more than one storage technology
- General understanding of storage software and its impact on HW architecture and design.
- Experience on developing emerging technologies like NVMe is a plus
- Detailed knowledge of PCIe and Ethernet is a plus
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new product development.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers about existing and new product directions and technology.
- Individual must work effectively with staff to vice-president level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups.
- Contributes, explicitly or by example, to the standards and processes used by Xilinx or product development.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice, leadership, and direction to more junior engineers.