Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
As a Database Solutions Architect you will be a key member of the Data Center vertical marketing team.
- Work with the latest Big Data Analytics application providers, internal development teams, and customers to jointly define differentiated solutions using Xilinx FPGAs technology for acceleration
- Provide critical system and application expertise in design win engagement with Data Center customers to better position the value of Xilinx solutions for database search and Big Data Analytics acceleration
- Deconstruct customer requirements into functional blocks that clearly indicate where FPGA (with or without IP) is indicated, where not, and where Xilinx IP and partner IP may contribute significantly to the solution
- Drive specific analyses and POC/Demo/benchmarking activities to accelerate design wins and revenue conversion
- Perform technical assessments for customer driven organic or ecosystem IP/solution development projects/services in partnership with system architects and the R&D organization
- Collaborate with Field Application Engineers (FAEs) to ensure successful application and use of Xilinx designs by customers #jm
Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, or mathematics
5+ years of industry experience with at least 2 years of relevant experience in the areas of database/big data analytics architecture and implementation
Experience with database architectures/applications and the ability to understand performance bottlenecks and tradeoffs as they relate to compute, storage, and network resources
Understanding or experience with compute acceleration architectures using technologies such as FPGAs and/or GPUs a plus
Knowledge of Xilinx specific design experience including demonstrable proficiency with Xilinx design methodology and implementation tools is a plus
Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with and present to customers