Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
As a Database Solutions Architect you will be a key member of the Data Center vertical marketing team.
- Work with the latest Big Data Analytics application providers, internal development teams, and customers to jointly define differentiated solutions using Xilinx FPGAs technology for acceleration
- Provide critical system and application expertise in design win engagement with Data Center customers to better position the value of Xilinx solutions for database search and Big Data Analytics acceleration
- Deconstruct customer requirements into functional blocks that clearly indicate where FPGA (with or without IP) is indicated, where not, and where Xilinx IP and partner IP may contribute significantly to the solution
- Drive specific analyses and POC/Demo/benchmarking activities to accelerate design wins and revenue conversion
- Perform technical assessments for customer driven organic or ecosystem IP/solution development projects/services in partnership with system architects and the R&D organization
- Collaborate with Field Application Engineers (FAEs) to ensure successful application and use of Xilinx designs by customers #jm
Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, or mathematics
5+ years of industry experience with at least 2 years of relevant experience in the areas of database/big data analytics architecture and implementation
Experience with database architectures/applications and the ability to understand performance bottlenecks and tradeoffs as they relate to compute, storage, and network resources
Understanding or experience with compute acceleration architectures using technologies such as FPGAs and/or GPUs a plus
Knowledge of Xilinx specific design experience including demonstrable proficiency with Xilinx design methodology and implementation tools is a plus
Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with and present to customers