Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
This exciting position in the Xilinx IP Engineering group as the Ethernet technical lead and manager will provide the individual with an opportunity to demonstrate strong technical leadership in the next generation Ethernet solutions. Join us in providing innovative IP solutions as we embark on our journey in providing world class high speed link designs running at well over 50Gbs for Xilinx All Programmable FPGA platforms
As a Senior Staff Manager you will manage a highly capable design team specializing in Ethernet IP solutions that work on Xilinx High Speed Serdes. You will also be responsible for the architecture, u-Arch details as well as the execution aspects for this IP portfolio. You and your team will be responsible for all phases of product development from definition to execution and Productization. Senior Managers are expected to participate in and lead all aspects of technical projects including: new product exploration, evaluating emerging technologies, working closely with Product marketing managers and end customers, u-Architecture development for individual IPs or IP subsystems, leading cross-functional IP teams from front-end development through Productization
This position requires the individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, able to u-architect and lead complex designs given a high level architecture and willing to directly work with customers on new product definition
A major part of your responsibility will be to take a lead technical role in all phases of the product development cycle from architecture through implementation, prototyping, validation and support including:
- Evaluating emerging technologies and identifying the FPGA opportunities in the domain of Ethernet solutions
- Contribute to new architectures, usually within an established strategic direction
- Evaluating and executing design and development plans for IPs
- u-Architecture, design, documentation, prototyping
- Participating in and acting as a senior technical reviewer for various architecture and implementation reviews within the development organization
- Working with stakeholders to develop comprehensive testing plans including Compliance and Interop testing
- Defining work required to design, implement and test new products. Identifies problems well in advance and proposes solutions
- As the leader of a team, you will act as a technical advisor and resource to other engineers
- Critically Review and provide feedback on the Design Implementations and Verification plans
- Acting as technical advisor to engineering management #hot
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Detailed understanding and proven track record of developing leading edge standard and proprietary Ethernet interfaces
- Good understanding of high speed IO design aspects and its impact on digital design
- Experience in system level validation and debug of high speed interfaces
- Familiarity with electrical challenges that come with high speed link design
- Experience with high speed link designs above 10Gbps line rate is a plus
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers about existing and new product directions and technology.
- Individual must work effectively with Director and Senior Director level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups.
- Contributes, explicitly or by example, to the standards and processes used by Xilinx or product development.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical advice, leadership, and direction to more junior engineers.