Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
SharedCustomer Training and Knowledge Transfer
Design Shaping and Optimization
- Provides on-site or on-demand problem-solving support for customer engineering to facilitate partnering (e.g., advises on block diagram, alerts to overlooked Xilinx features or functions, helps customer engineering maintain a big picture view of design)
- Assesses how the customer is using Xilinx technology and feeds this information back into Xilinx for consideration by marketing or product development
- Ensures that customer utilization of Xilinx technology works as intended (e.g., facilitates testing, acts as interface to Xilinx, helps debug problems)
- Leverages understanding of known challenges to advise customer designers on the optimum use of Xilinx IP, tools and devices
- Provides the mentoring and knowledge transfer to junior FAEs essential for effectively exploiting the power of Xilinx's programmable system on a chip in customer design discussions
Technical Competitive Positioning
- Leverages deep understanding of Xilinx IP, tool and device capabilities to recognize and advance 'sticky' solution opportunities
- Collaborates effectively with others in improvising or configuring standard technical Xilinx solutions to address unique customer challenges
Technical Opportunity Prospecting
- Actively monitors customer engineering to identify and counter competitive messages, and ensure these messages are addressed in formal sales positioning activities
Technical Opportunity Qualification
- Mentors less experienced FAEs on how to shape unreasonable customer support requests into new opportunities
- Leverages customer training to influence customer's technology preferences in favor of Xilinx solutions
- Works consultatively within customer engineering to establish Xilinx as early as possible within potential opportunities
Technical Sales Coordination
- Identifies challenging opportunities and advises account managers on the probability of success and advisability of pursuit
- Leverages relationships within customer engineering to profile decision-makers , decision-making criteria, and other qualification variables (e.g., Xilinx champions, receptiveness to competitors, allotted funding, engineering competency)
- Understands the challenges of complex or esoteric customer platforms, and involves the right architectural and technical resources where deep analysis is warranted
- Conducts convincing proof-of-concept (POC) demonstrations that incorporate customer IP, exhibit design examples, or establish benchmarks
- Works with System Architects to ensure accurate team communication of the strategic design overview guiding technical decisions
- Facilitates accurate, up-to-date competitive analysis and positioning among less experienced FAEs
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
10+ years of industry experience with FPGA or ASIC based architecture definition, design and support (Networking, High Speed Serial IO, Embedded Processor, or DSP knowledge a plus)
Fundamental experience with EDA tools for FPGA and ASIC designs.
Experience with Vivado, ISE or Embedded Processor design tools such as
Xilinx’s IP Integrator, SDK and EDK tools is a plus.
Knowledge of VHDL or Verilog design for ASIC or FPGA.
Knowledge of customers' end markets as listed above plus their specific market
Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups