Xilinx develops highly flexible and adaptive processing platforms that enable rapid innovation across a variety of technologies - from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. Xilinx is the inventor of the FPGA, hardware programmable SoCs and the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform), designed to deliver the most dynamic processor technology in the industry and enable the adaptable, intelligent and connected world of the future in a multitude of markets including Data Center (Compute, Storage and Networking); Wireless/5G and Wired Communications; Automotive/ADAS; Emulation & Prototyping; Aerospace & Defense; Industrial Scientific & Medical, and others. Xilinx's core strengths simultaneously address major industry trends including the explosion of data, heterogeneous computing after Moore's Law, and the dawn of artificial intelligence (AI).
Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, striving for excellence in all that we do, and working together as a unified team, we can accomplish anything. Come do your best work and live your best life as part of the ONEXILINX team!
Xilinx is looking for energetic, motivated and smart software engineers to join a growing and innovative team at our San Jose headquarters. You will be working with a team of bright engineers developing software solutions using AI frameworks and Linux kernel for heterogeneous Multi-processor systems designed for Xilinx next-generation SoCs.
- Contributing to the architecture and design of the overall AI solutions platform.
- Optimizing the AI solutions developed for performance and designing them for scalability.
- Developing Bare Metal and/or Linux drivers for AI acceleration engines using Xilinx SOCs.
- Developing Heterogeneous memory Management solutions for Asynchronous Multi-processing platforms.
- Evaluating AI solutions developed by Xilinx and performing comparative analysis against other industry solutions.
- Developing debug and performance analysis tools and infrastructure for AI solution development.
- Work with different teams to identify problems and create solutions
- Delivering software solutions in line with product roadmap on time with high quality.
- Involved in cross function team interaction and engagement with various key player and stakeholders in the organization.
- Play a role in all the phases of software development, from requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and final release to customers.
- Provide clear and timely communication related to status and other key aspects of the project to leadership team.
- Responsible for working with customers and internal support teams for resolving critical customer escalations on need basis.
- Work with management team on project planning activities – creating project plans/schedule, risk analysis and mitigation, etc. for the projects you are working on.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle stages - design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements
- Willingness to learn skills, tools and methods to advance the quality, consistency, and timeliness of Xilinx software products.
- MSCS, MSCE, MSEE with 0 plus years of professional experience or BS plus at least 2 years of experience.
- Experience with C/C++, Embedded systems and Linux kernel/driver development for multi-processor heterogeneous systems.
- Understanding/Experience with Linux heterogeneous memory management, multi-processor synchronization and communication.
- Knowledge of AI frameworks like Caffe, Tensor flow, Theano, MXNet, etc.
- Understanding of AI application stacks including OpenCV, OpenCL, OpenVX, etc.
- Expertise with Deep Neural network architectures like CNN, RNN.
- Knowledge of Acceleration platforms like GPU, TPU, APU, FPGAs.
- You must be capable of working in a dynamic, high pressure environment.