Xilinx seeks an innovative thought leader to manage and lead a team working on open-source technology solutions across heterogeneous and distributed systems architectures, particularly with context to Asymmetric Multi-Processor solutions (OpenAMP). The ideal candidate will provide hands-on technical and managerial leadership, have experience working on open source & Linux kernel technologies, understand developing schedules, tracking projects and delivering product on time.
- Manage the team & lead cross-function engagement with various stakeholders in the organization.
- Responsible for all the phases of software development, from requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and final release to customers.
- Provide executive level status and communication on the project execution and deliverables.
- Responsible for working with customers and internal support teams to resolve critical customer escalations.
- Project planning activities – creating project plans/schedules, resource allocation, tracking, risk analysis and mitigation, customer delivery
- Motivate the team to deliver high quality products and on-time deliveries
- Do hands-on work as needed
- Provide direction in the design, implementation, documentation and testing of software code implementing product features and requirements
- Provide leadership with skills, tools and methods to advance the quality, consistency, and timeliness of Xilinx software products
The candidate must have:
- Prior experience delivering on Linux kernel, System Software or Embedded software
- Good experience with Linux memory management, processor synchronization & inter-processor messaging
- Previous experience leading teams
- Ability to translate requirements into Engineering deliverables
- Hands on software development experience
- Thorough understanding of good software development and test practices
- Thorough understanding of good software release management processes
- Experience with using Git
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills #ey
· MS in CE/CS with 10-12 years of experience