Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
GOQ Automation Tools EngineerBusiness Process
- Identifies closely with a specific process or function and understands how people and tools interact within that scope
- Recommends business process changes that could significantly reduce complexity or increase scale of automation.
- Implements tools changes with understanding of how changes might affect other user groups and processes.
- Demonstrates sound project management practices to ensure successful execution
- Successfully executes tasks based on effort assessments and commitments.
- Identifies issues and risks within a project, proposes solutions and mitigations.
- Mediates conflict to ensure positive business outcomes
GOQ Software EngineerTest Enablement (SW Tools & Methods)
- Builds a detailed understanding of users' needs and how they interact with the tool
- Maintains a basic knowledge of broader tools team portfolio
- Contributes to requirements definition and architectural design of tool solutions
- Resolves support cases with some oversight, obtains knowledge from others when needed
PPG Software EngineerIntegrated Product Design Acumen
- Exercises full capabilities in in software languages and software development methods, including the writing of code
- Resolve software bugs filed by the users
Iterative Software Development and Testing
- Continuously broadens understanding of how specific product modules or features within area of responsibility come together in the larger system
- If applicable, builds understanding of the Xilinx silicon development processes and the collaboration required to seamlessly integrate FPGA architectures into the software
Software Enablement (Tools & Methods)
- Demonstrates entry level software development skills and proficiency on coding projects within assigned area of responsibility
- Iteratively codes, debugs, and creates regressions to ensure that code performs as specified with good coverage
- Documents code to within acceptable standards for the organization
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach to learning and problem-solving, seeking out and leveraging the talent of others when necessary (e.g. mentoring, code reviews, etc.)
Software Process Adaptation and Optimization
- Demonstrates effective usage of technical communication and posting tools (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint)
- Demonstrates and applies entry level competency of software development concepts and methods (e.g. data structures, algorithms, graph theory, Agile methodology)
- Demonstrates and applies entry level competency of software coding and scripting languages as required in area of responsibility (e.g. C, C++, Java, Tcl, Perl, VHDL, Verilog)
- Demonstrates and applies entry level competency of software build, analysis and debug tools (e.g. RDI, Purify, Valgrind, Coverity)
- Proficient in Linux and/or Windows development environments, as required in area of responsibility
- Proficient with the use of CRS and the software defect tracking process
PPG/CTO Software EngineerRequirements Assessment and Prototyping
- Builds solid understanding of Xilinx's approach to systematic circuit design and testing
- Actively monitors Xilinx and industry communications for evolving software methodology, practices, and changes in approach
SharedTest Pattern Development Engineer
Test Program Development Engineer
- Builds understanding of the product requirements process and stakeholder perspectives (e.g., software marketing, software applications and test)
- Builds an understanding of the collaboration required with stakeholders to iterate and refine product requirements
- Demonstrates initiative in reviewing PR's and Confluence proposals and in contributing to potential implementation solutions
- Executes with guidance in developing requirement prototypes or mock ups for low complexity features within assigned area of responsibility
o BS in CS/CE/EE with 3+ years or MS/PhD with 1+ years of FPGA/ASIC/EDA development experience
o One of the following:
_ Digital Design knowledge and experienced in Verilog/VHDL
_ EDA software development experience
o Good teamwork and English communications
Desired Skills/Knowledge/Experience (not necessary)
o Familiarity with Xilinx FPGAs and Vivado tools is a plus
o Familiarity with high level synthesis is a plus
o Good knowledge on script languages like TCL/Python/Ruby...
o HLS algorithms, FPGA architecture, EDA algorithms
o Experience with Xilinx IPs: Floating Point, FFT, FIR, DDS